Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIAW - Migraine foods...

Yay! 50th WIAW... can't believe it's been going that long.

I will preface this WIAW by saying that I haven't logged everything I ate today - and that also it was a lighter eating day since I was crook all day. I was pretty bummed. Kickboxing went back last night (after Christmas break), and a migraine started to develop so I went to bed early. Unfortunately it persisted through today, so I can't go tonight either. And then I'm going away for two weeks again with work! D'oh!

So I spent today watching trashy TV like "Glamour mums" and "Dance mums" haha. They're fascinating... what can I say... and also rummaging through my massive pile of running magazines and pulling out inspirational bits to keep. While the migraine came with lovely nausea & epic bloating, that can never put me totally off food. I love it too much.

Anyway, without further adou / adieu / ado???? here is the food.


A weird creation I made over Christmas break - chocolate cherry bread with eggnog & using chickpea flour. A little too chickpea-ish, but yummy all the same.

The best lunch ever. It looks pretty simple.. but it was so tasty!
1: Ricotta with blackcurrant jam on four seed bread.
2. Yellow capsicum (called bell pepper in the US I believe?) avocado and rock salt on the same bread
3. Hommus with homemade cherry tomato chutney and rock salt. Probably the best one!

Dutch mints. Mints seem to help with the nausea that accompanies my migraines. I had to hold off buying the whole Dutch section at the supermarket... stroopwafels, chocolate hagel, almond fingers... *drools* (... I'm half Dutch if you're wondering)

Another snack, self-explanatory. 

Chocolate avocado mousse - this is a recycled picture, the one I had today didn't have the fancy fruit going on.


Soy cappuccino, caffeine helps dull the pain.

Oats... recycled pic. This morning's oats were actually cranberry & vanilla ;P

Dinner... I know everyone's probably sick of seeing sweet potatoes with nut butter.. but that's what I had for dinner, so there :P

28 comments:

  1. Yummy eats! :) I love mints..even if I dont feel ill. :)
    Thats so cool that your half Ducth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I ALMOST forgot it was WIAW till I saw this post?! Blasphemy.

    Anyway, your eats look delicious! Lunch is so colourful. Ricotta with jam sounds like heaven, as does hummus with chutney. I can only imagine how good those combinations taste. :) Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booo I am sorry you are feeling ill... migraines are the pits, just so painful! (durrr)
    Great eats despite the sick feeling though! I am never ever sick of sweet potatoes with nut butter... I could live on that meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trashy TV is the secret medicine for all aches, pains, and illnesses. I love watching it when I need to lay low. I have to say, I'm not tired of seeing sweet potatoes with nut butter. It's a great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting lunch. I like it. :) Oh, and who could ever get sick of sweet potatoes?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear you're a migraine sufferer, but I'm glad you've got some good food to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the migraine :( I used to get them all the time, and ugh, misery. But still--not too shabby eats considering! I'm intrigued by that chocolate cherry bread...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I, with my full out love relationship with nut butters, have not tried any nut butter on sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it weird that I've never had a sweet potato with nut butter on it? HA! Even though it's a recycled picture I'm glad you posted it, because I need to make this. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lunch looks tasty! Bell peppers, it is! Your sweet potato pic reminds me, I need to eat more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate when migraines strike. Always so awful, but I have never heard of mints helping soothe. I normally either have a big old dose of caffeiene or go to bed. I will have to try the mints though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet potatoes... Me? Tired of sweet potatoes? Never!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, I love your creative lunch! Such a yummy, healthy eating day. Stopping by from wiaw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had a sweet potato with nut butter, but it sure sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How do you make the avocado chocolate mousse? It looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have yet to try sweet potato with nut butter! And I love your hodgepodge of toasts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that sweet potato looks amazing..the ratio of Greek yog:potato:sweet potato looks perfect! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeeessssss! I'm living on sweet potatoes these days. They're the perfect blend of sweet and savory.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tomato chutney looks so yummy as does your yam. I have actually never tried yams with nut butter, only coconut butter. It's on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh yum - your lunch looks awesome. i love having different tastes of several things in my lunches. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that sweet potato looks like a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that chocolate avocado mousse looks amazing! Your eats are fabulous, our tastebuds would definitely be friends haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. and the award for the most colorful lunch ever goes tooo.... hehe! =) Happy belated wiaw love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear about your migraine :( Caffeine definitely helps me get through the pain—but mostly I just hide in the dark waiting for the pain to pass and hoping it will pass sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I still can't believe I've never had a sweet potato with nut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think I'll ever get sick of sweet potatoes + nut butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. bread made using eggnog? ummmm recipe please!!! egg nog is seriously my favorite thing in the world. well besides nut butters of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't made Choco- avocado pudding in ages, which is far too long! Thanks for the reminder! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete