Friday, February 10, 2012

Rum & Raisin Frozen Yoghurt

I normally don't post that many recipes, because most of what I make is pretty simple, or is somebody else's recipe with a few changes. This was one of the simple ones, but it tasted so great I had to share!!!

If you're a fan of rum & raisin flavours, which I am... this will hit the spot :)

In a recycled Skinny Cow container ;)

I was trying to think of more ways to get more calcium in my diet, and brainstorming ideas for mix-ins to make frozen yoghurt. Especially as it's so hot here right now. Then I remembered I had rum essence...

Yum! Forgot to take pictures till I had almost finished ;)

Anyway, this is a pretty loose recipe since it depends how much you want, and I kinda threw it all together last minute last night, but:

Ingredients:
100-200g of your favourite greek yoghurt (I used half and half - one was full fat greek and one a lower fat)
Tablespoon of raisins (or more / less...)
Drop of vanilla essence
Drop of rum essence
2T Cocoa powder
2T Sweetener of choice (or however much you want!)
Splash of almond milk

I also added half teaspoon of vodka because I thought that might help keep it softer, but that didn't work... so maybe don't bother.

I pretty much smooshed it all together in the Skinny Cow cup, and left it to freeze overnight, then microwaved it for 15 seconds to get it to froyo consistency. I suppose you could also just put it in the freezer for an hour and it would be at the consistency.

One modification you could make would be to soak the raisins in actual rum for a while first to infuse them with the flavour, or leave the chocolate out... I like my rum & raisin with chocolate :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! :) I love making frozen yogurt! I've never added raisins before but thats a great idea, I'll have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete