Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sticking with the plan.

I made up a fitness plan for myself after the City2Surf finished, but I'm finding it hard to follow. Every time I've put down to do weights, I end up going for a run instead. It's just so much easier to put on some sneakers and get out there, than to drive to the gym and need to remember water bottle, towel, keys, wallet etc... but I really need to do some strength work!
I've never liked strength work. I just find it boring. I like to be huffing and puffing and "feeling it". I did like BodyPump for a while but it's so same-same. Anyway. Today I actually drove to the gym all ready to do BodyPump, and then I couldn't find a car park. I drove around and around, but nothing. This is a growing problem with my local gym and it's really frustrating me. So I drove down to the local park which is about 500 metres away from the gym, and went for a run again.
This time though, it was a nice change. I usually just run around home and the route gets a bit boring, but it was really pretty around the park, and all flat for a change... since my home is around a hilly area. Plus it was a beautiful day.
Canola flowers starting to bloom... I totally took this mid-run.

Close up of canolas and some other blue flower...

The lake, and there's some white birds in the pic too but iPhones don't have a zoom, that I'm aware of!!

So after that I didn't feel so bad about having to change the plan again. I'd like to think I'll be able to wake up at 5.30 am tomorrow for BodyPump (since I can actually get parking at that time), but the reality is, I have work tonight and it may finish as late as 2 or 3am (I have to run the bar).
In other news... my brother got me the best 3-months-late birthday present EVER.... 100% chocolate!!! And I thought the 99% was good. I haven't trialed it yet, but he got it in a little bag with all sorts of really good quality chocolate, and I tried the 72% mexican one, and it was divine.


 Ingredients: 100% cocoa mass from Dominican Republic. oOOh yeah.

Yum, even wrapped in gold wrapping...


So... what's the best way to stick with your plan?? Start early in the morning I suppose, when people aren't at work yet and hogging all the car parking spots!! As for motivation, that's another story :)

I do try to stick with Jillian Michael's thing of "Just go for 10 minutes, and if you don't feel like it, come back...", but you can't really leave in the middle of a BodyPump class ;P