Friday, August 12, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things...

OK, I've decided to do a bit of a picture post, as all the text entries were getting pretty boring...not that anyone actually reads this haha (plus I'm procrastinating studying for an anatomy test...)

Anyways. I took pictures of some of my favourite (food-related) things! Here we go...


My personal stash, hidden in a drawer in my room. Included is 85% Lindt dark chocolate, four bean mix (random, I know...), So Good Soy Chocolate milk, Up & Go Energise Milk (high protein), Atkin's protein bars x 2 (Cappuccino Nut & Strawberries & Cream), Growling Dog bar (wildberry), Winner's Gym protein bars (I actually haven't tasted these yet, but found them the other day and thought I'd give them a go), Whittaker's Peanut Slab (15g & 50g varieties) and 1 Lindt Dark Choc Ball. Yeah... I kinda eat too many protein bars, but I love them... they've helped me lose weight in the past, and they taste good.


The other stash.. lol. This one mum and dad eat stuff from too, so it's in the kitchen. We've got here... Roasted broadbeans (so yum! they also come in chick peas, and with a tomatoey flavour), fruit & nut delight bars (one with dark choc ripple and the other not), Be Natural bars (two flavours - currant, berry, oats & pepita / coconut, apricot, oats & chia) and I think one Macadamia & Cranberry bar there at the front. I loooooove love love nut bars of all kinds... it's all good stuff! nuts, dried fruit, and a bit of honey.


Some of my snacks for today... creatine bar (apricot flavour) I ate after boot camp & a protein ball (it tasted kinda like marzipan! yum!)


Breakfast I made for tomorrow... it's a parfait type thing.. layers of oats, then greek yoghurt that I mixed up with chia seeds & cinnamon, layers of berries, a bit of pineapple, and on the top I sprinkled a bit of cocoa powder and some random nuts and seeds.


Another view, just for the hell of it...


And here's my favourite unhealthy food... SCHNITZEL. I love this stuff. Seriously, I cannot get enough of that fried bready crispy crunchyness. I would have it every day if I let myself... had one today and it was aweeeesome. This is all kinds too - vegetarian schnitzel, pork, beef, lamb, veal, eggplant... YUM.


And here's some pineapple I cut up today to add to some smoothies maybe, or just eat as is... had a couple of slices today.


These are like GOLD in Australia right now. Each one of those babies right there is about $2.50 each, so I seriously love my mum right now for buying those for me!!!!


Sultanas. Yep, these are great for adding to my oats and other random stuff. Oh yeah, there was some in my parfait too. I mainly took this pic because of the "99% fat free" thing. Well, duh, they're fruit!!! I hate the tradition that's come out of labelling things that aren't fatty "fat free".


This stuff costs like $6-8, depending where you get it from, and lasts me probably 3-4 days. I think it's because it's imported that it's so expensive, but it's so yum :(


Here's a breakfast I eat very, very often - chocolatey cinnamon oats... these are spelt oats in the pic, with cocoa powder, cinnamon, LSA mix (linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal), and soy milk... possibly other condiments that I can't remember...?


These are yum too, especially as you can eat them raw... I often put them on pizza, or in a wrap, but never really eat them the traditional sausage way!